General Conference Information
The NYSEMA Annual Conference provides a forum to discuss current trends and topics, share information about the latest tools and technology in emergency management and homeland security, and advance the work of NYSEMA. Conference sessions encourage stakeholders at all levels of government, the private sector, and related professions to exchange ideas and collaborate to protect lives and property from disaster.
The 2020 New York State Emergency Management Association (NYSEMA) Conference will be held February 11-13, 2020 at Embassy Suites at Destiny USA, Syracuse, NY.
Registration is open and can be made now:
Conference registration is $150 for NYSEMA members and $225 for non-members. See below for the NYSEMA Conference Registration Policy.
Conference Registration Policy
NYSEMA has a contract with the host hotel in which the Association is still required to pay for attendees, even if they cancel. The number of attendees is also required to ensure we have enough seating and materials for all participants. As a result, it necessary to establish the following registration policy:
- All registrations must be done online via the NYSEMA website.
- All registrations are required to be made in advance by noon on Wednesday preceding the conference. There is no on-site registration or walk-ins permitted.
- If something comes up and you unable to attend the conference, cancellations and requests for refunds must be received in writing to the NYSEMA Secretary/Treasurer (email@example.com) no later than 7 calendar days before the beginning of the event.
- There will be no refunds given for no-shows and invoices will still be collected for any that were not pre-paid.
- All approved refunds will be made within 60 days of the event.
- This policy covers all cancellations and no-shows including, but not limited to, personal matters, weather issues or emergencies in your jurisdiction.
- Substitutions between attendees may be made. If you wish to substitute a participant, please contact the NYSEMA Secretary/Treasurer at the earliest opportunity.
- In conjunction with New York State DHSES, NYSEMA will cover the cost of hotel rooms for paid Active NYSEMA members, as defined in the NYSEMA By-Laws, for up to three nights and up to two persons per county or municipality.
- As a general policy NYSEMA does not comp conference registration fees for attendees. All attendees at the conference will be invoiced.
Embassy Suites at Destiny USA has a block of rooms set aside for NYSEMA Conference attendees. These rooms are available on a first-come basis through January 31, 2020. While additional rooms may be available after the initial block of rooms has been reserved, no guarantee is made and they may be at a higher rate. Registrants are encouraged to book their hotel as early as possible. The special NYSEMA rate is available for the nights of February 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th.
Here is a link to the current draft agenda for the conference (updated: December 19, 2019).